Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

The First Tiger......

"Her Majesty : The very first wild tiger I saw, a tigress in fact. It was the morning of 15 Nov'13. We were out on a safari on a canter in Zone-3 of Ranthambore Tiger Reserve. Minutes after entering the reserve alarm calls of cheetal and sambar deer charged up the morning air. A rather normal morning suddenly got electrified. Frantic driving by our canter driver brought us to a bend in the road. Even before the guide could point I had spotted the tigress striding down a grassy slope. There she was, the queen. Then she kept her slow yet long strides roughly parallel to our canter but in our midst there were many trees that hindered our attempts to photograph her in excellent morning light. In the excitement of things I could only manage a few record shots of the queen and this is my first shot of a wild tiger. I am really thankful to "Her Majesty" for offering me and audience. And its pointless to add here that my heart skip a few beats like many others who are fortunate enough to have seen a tiger in the wild.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed 'your Majesty' !
    Must have been an awesome moment !

    ReplyDelete